- Amazon Interview Online Assessment Questions（亚马逊在线面试题）
- 29 Interview Questions Amazon Uses to Find the Best Employees
- Amazon’s most asked interview questions(亚马逊高频面试题)
- Interviewing for Amazon? Read these 10 Amazon interview questions before you go
- 面试亚马逊？ 出发前请先阅读以下10个亚马逊面试问题
Amazon Interview Online Assessment Questions（亚马逊在线面试题）
- Top N Competitors/Buzzwords ⭐⭐ [Experienced]
- Zombie in Matrix ⭐⭐ [Experienced]
- Critical Routers ⭐⭐ [New Grad]
- Product Suggestions ⭐⭐ [New Grad | Experienced]
- Number of Clusters ⭐⭐ [Experienced]
- Reorder Data in Log Files ⭐⭐⭐ [Experienced]
- Optimal Utilization ⭐⭐⭐ [Experienced]
- Min Cost to Connect Ropes / Min Time to Merge Files ⭐⭐⭐[Experienced]
- Treasure Island / Min Distance to Remove the Obstacle (BFS) ⭐⭐⭐ [Experienced]
- Treasure Island II
- Find Pair With Given Sum ⭐⭐ [Experienced, Intern]
- Copy List with Random Pointer ⭐⭐ [New Grad]
- Merge Two Sorted Lists ⭐⭐ [New Grad | Intern]
- Subtree of Another Tree ⭐⭐ [New Grad]
- Search a 2D Matrix II ⭐⭐ [New Grad]
- Critical Connections ⭐ [New Grad]
- Favorite Genres ⭐⭐ [New Grad]
- Two Sum – Unique Pairs ⭐⭐ [New Grad]
- Spiral Matrix ⭐ [New Grad]
- Count substrings with exactly K distinct chars ⭐ [Intern]
- Max Of Min Altitudes ⭐⭐ [Intern]
- Longest Palindromic Substring ⭐⭐ [Intern]
- Substrings of size K with K distinct chars ⭐⭐ [Intern]
- Most Common Word ⭐⭐ [Intern]
- Distance Between Nodes in BST
- K Closest Points to Origin ⭐ [Intern]
- Min Cost to Connect All Nodes (a.k.a. Min Cost to Add New Roads)
- Min Cost to Repair Edges (MST)
- Prison Cells After N Days
- Partition Labels
- Subtree with Maximum Average
- Point of Lattice ⭐ [Experienced]
- Merge Intervals ⭐
- Roll Dice ⭐
- Longest string without 3 consecutive characters
- Longest string made up of only vowels
29 Interview Questions Amazon Uses to Find the Best Employees
Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer, selling everything from books to shampoo, and lots of people want to work there.
We looked through Glassdoor’s massive index of user-submitted interview questions for prospective employees to find the most thought-provoking ones asked at Amazon.
How would you answer?
- “Who was your most difficult customer?”
- “How would you introduce AWS in an elevator pitch?”
- “What is the worst mistake you ever made?”
- “If your direct manager was instructing you to do something you disagreed with, how would you handle it?”
- “Describe what Human Resource means to you.”
- “What is the angle between the hour hand and minute hand in an analog clock?”
- “How do you detect whether or not a word is a palindrome?”
- “Do you know our CEO? How do you pronounce his name?”
- “Here’s a string with numbers from 1-250 in random order, but it’s missing one number. How will you find the missed number?”
- “Are you willing to work on your feet for ten hours, four days a week?”
- “Do you think you’ll reach a point where you storm off the floor and never return?”
- “Would you tell on a employee for stealing?”
- “How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?”
- “How do you persuade people?”
- “Describe what happens in your browser as soon as you hit enter after writing a URL in the address bar.”
- “Tell the story of the last time you had to apologize to someone.”
- “Walk me through how Amazon Kindle books would be priced.”
- “What would you do if you saw someone being unsafe at work?”
- “What would you do if somehow you misdirected 10,000 units of something?”
- “How would you improve Amazon’s website?”
- “You have 30 people working under you with 2 working indirect. Each employee can do 150 units/hour. Each work day has two 15 min breaks and one 30 min lunch. In a 5 day work week, how many total units can you complete?”
- “What is the most difficult situation you have ever faced in your life? How did you handle it?”
- “How would you tell a customer what Wi-Fi is?”
- “You are Amazon and Samsung offers you 10,000 Samsung Galaxy S3s at a 34% discount. Is that a good deal?”
- “Design an online payment system.”
- “Give me an example of a time when you were 75% of the way through a project, and you had to pivot strategy–how were you able to make that into a success story?”
- “Should we sell private label cleaning products?”
- “What would you do if you found out that your closest friend at work was stealing?”
- “Which Amazon leadership principle do you resonate most with?”
Amazon’s most asked interview questions(亚马逊高频面试题)
2) Find a triplet a, b, c such that a2 = b2 + c2. Variations of this problem like find a triplet with sum equal to 0. Find a pair with given sum. All such questions are efficiently solved using hashing. – Practice here
3) Binary tree traversal questions like left view, right view, top view, bottom view, maximum of a level, minimum of a level, children sum property, diameter etc.
13) Some Dynamic Programming problems like:
- Maximum sum subarray such that no elements are consecutive – Practice here
- Edit distance
- Assembly line scheduling
14) Why Amazon?
15) Questions about projects done in previous company or final year.
Level – Easy
- Get minimum element from stack – Practice here
- Serialize and deserialize a binary tree – Practice here
- Print a binary tree in a vertical order – Practice here
- Celebrity problem – Practice here
- Level order traversal
- Swap the kth element from starting and from the end position – Practice here
- Binary tree to bst – Practice here
- Max sum in the configuration – Practice here
- Find the nth element of spiral matrix – Practice here
- Count the number of occurrences in a sorted array
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Find the maximum of all subarrays of size k
- Find the kth smallest element in row wise and column wise sorted matrix
- Minimum swaps required to arrange pairs
- There is an array of N numbers ranging from 1 to N. Only 1 number is missing, return the index of that number
- Find the second largest and second smallest in a given array in single traversal.
- Find power(x,y) without using pow function.(divide and conquer approach required)
- Count possible decoding sequence
Level – Medium
- Given two string print them inter leaving strings characters
- Minimum cost required to travel from top left to the bottom right in a matrix
- Maximum difference between node and its ancestors – Practice here
- Min distance between two given nodes of a binary tree – Practice here
- Find the number of island – Practice here
- Topological Sort – Practice here
- Detect cycle in a directed graph – Practice here
- Flattening a link list – Practice here
- Detect a loop in a linked list – Practice here
- Check if a binary tree is BST or not
- Min Cost path
- Count ways to reach nth stair
- Maximum Subarray Problem
- Palindrome Partitioning
- Given a binary tree find the minimum root to leaf height.
- Implement LRU cache
Level – Hard
- Boolean paranthesis – Practice here
- Maximum Index – Practice here
- Largest Number formed in the array – Practice here
- Find the length of maximum numbers of consecutive numbers jumped up in an array
- Delete the elements in a linklist whose sum is equal to zero
- Given a list of numbers of odd length design an algorithm to remove a number and divide the rest numbers equaly so as it makes there sum same
- Find diameter of a binary tree
Interviewing for Amazon? Read these 10 Amazon interview questions before you go
Want to work for Amazon? Here we discuss some of the commonly asked interview questions.
While we get onto that, here are 3 questions which the hiring managers ask while conducting Amazon Interview Question and Answers sessions before selecting a new hire:
- Do you know our CEO? How do you pronounce his name?
- How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
- Tell the story of the last time you had to apologize to someone.
- What is the most difficult situation you have ever faced in your life? How did you handle it?
- Walk me through how Amazon Kindle books would be priced.
- Who was your most difficult customer?
- What would you do if you found out that your closest friend at work was stealing?
- If your direct manager was instructing you to do something you disagreed with, how would you handle it?
- What would you do if you saw someone being unsafe at work?
- Do you think you’ll reach a point where you storm off the floor and never return?
There are 3 questions which the hiring managers asks while conducting Amazon Interview Question and Answers sessions before selecting a new hire:
- Will you admire this person?
- Will this person raise the level of effectiveness?
- Along what dimension might this person be a superstar?
Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos believes that the answer to these three questions helps hiring managers zero in on new talent that meets the company’s exacting standards, which in turn will improve the overall talent pool in the long run. Bezos himself has been very hands-on with the Amazon hiring process, personally interviewing every single employee throughout Amazon’s early years, according to Wired magazine.
So if you’re headed into an Amazon Q and A session, know that any questions your recruiter asks are an attempt to determine how you fare on these three counts. Here are 10 questions you may be asked:
Do you know our CEO? How do you pronounce his name?
Tip: It is “Bay-zohs,” not “Bee-zos”.
How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
The interviewer wants to see if you can think out-of-the-box. Consider sharing a personal anecdote that shows how you came up with a creative solution to a customer problem, improved an internal process or made a sale via an innovative strategy.
Up for a telephonic interview with Amazon? Get tips to handle it well here: Dial in: How to master Amazon phone interview questions
Tell the story of the last time you had to apologise to someone.
Can you admit to mistakes? Are you a team player? That’s what the recruiter wants to know. Most of us have made several mistakes, but pick one where you apologised and managed to right the wrong successfully, and let that be the focus of your story. NEVER say you have not had to apologise – it makes you appear highhanded.
What is the most difficult situation you have ever faced in your life? How did you handle it?
Stick to a professional anecdote – don’t share a personal story – and find one that has a happy end. Be positive; it tells your interviewer that you are resilient and willing to work around a problem. Seeing a project through on a tight budget, getting a project back on track when a deadline is missed, handling a difficult client, etc are some situations you can talk about.
Some more ideas on tackling behavioural questions with Amazon interviews: Improve your performance: Tips to answer Amazon behavioural interview questions
Walk me through how Amazon Kindle books would be priced.
Read up on how the royalty system works. Our recommendation is – Amazon pays out a royalty of 70% on all Kindle titles priced between $2.99 to $9.99. For eBooks priced below $2.99 and above $9.99, Amazon pays out only 35%. For writers who want to generate leads via their online books, say for seminars, it makes sense to price the title below $2.99; specialised titles will sell over $9.99. All other categories should stick to the 70% royalty.
Who was your most difficult customer?
Share an anecdote where you managed to solve the problem. Emphasise how you stayed calm and diffused the situation.
What would you do if you found out that your closest friend at work was stealing?
Your loyalty – to the company and your friend – is being questioned. Say you’ll consider the nature of the offence before deciding how to proceed.
If your direct manager was instructing you to do something you disagreed with, how would you handle it?
Your interviewer wants to know how you handle disagreement and how good your negotiation skills are. Convey that you aren’t averse to speaking up, that you believe in communicating till you find a solution and that you can be flexible.
Here’s how to manage difficulties with your boss gracefully: It’s an art to agree to disagree with your boss
What would you do if you saw someone being unsafe at work?
Tell the interviewer that you have a duty of care to yourself and your work colleagues. Under these circumstances, you will let the person know that the way they are working can lead to an accident. If you know a safer way to do the job, you will suggest it. Otherwise you will contact your supervisor.
Do you think you’ll reach a point where you storm off the floor and never return?
Make it clear you are able to keep your temper in check. Share how you would deal with a situation where have been provoked. Be sure to emphasise that you’re not indifferent, just calm. To find a job at Amazon, go here
This article has been compiled from various sources including company websites, corporate review sites, online discussion forums and knowledge sharing platforms.
- 引导我了解Amazon Kindle书的定价方式。
提示：是“ Bay-zohs”，而不是“ Bee-zos”。
告诉面试官您对自己和同事有责任。 在这种情况下，您将让此人知道他们的工作方式可能会导致事故。 如果您知道一种更安全的工作方式，则会提出建议。 否则，您将与您的主管联系。
明确说明，您可以控制自己的脾气。 分享您将如何处理被激怒的情况。 请务必强调您不要冷漠，只是冷静。 要在亚马逊找到工作，请转到此处